Putting Staffordshire’s young people on the path to success, we offer a comprehensive range of career and advice services making it easy for young people to get all the information, advice and guidance they need about careers and a wide range of issues.
Kidsgrove Secondary School’s Careers Leader is Mrs K Mitchell (Communications@kidsgrovesecondary.shaw-education.org.uk).
Our Careers Adviser is Mr Stubbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is available on a weekly basis in the Careers Office to answer any careers related questions or to help with CVs/applications.
Either Mrs Mitchell or Mr Stubbs can be contacted at the academy on 01782 948250.
We review our careers provision annually in conjunction with our Link Academy Councillor (tbc) as well as through student voice. Our careers provision is externally monitored, and we are currently working towards Entrust’s "Careers Quality Award". The review process is continued annually with a review meeting held with a member of the Entrust’s career team.
We can help students to:
- Choose a career area
- Choose which GCSE and A level subjects to take
- Choose a college, university course or apprenticeship;
- Check that their career choices are realistic and achievable.
- And we can offer support with:
- Preparing their CV
- Completing application forms
- Searching for jobs
- Preparing for interviews.
Career guidance interviews are offered as a matter of course, usually in Year 10 or 11, but can also be held on request. Students can invite their parents or carers to go along with them if they wish.
As a school we are working towards offering a gold standard service to our students against the DFE statutory guidance, the Gatsby Benchmarks www.gatsby.org.uk/education/programmes/good-career-guidance)
The Gatsby Benchmarks are:
1. A stable careers programme;
2. Learning from career and labour market information;
3. Addressing the needs of each student;
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers;
5. Encounters with employers and employees;
6. Experiences of workplaces;
7. Encounters with further and higher education;
8. Personal guidance
Please click here to view our Careers Framework Policy
Please click here to view our Provider Access Policy
If you have any questions, please contact us via the school office.